Sunday, 28 December 2014
AIDS Awareness Campaign
“A tremendous social responsibility comes only when you are a successful public performer.”
The above quote perfectly applies to the perfect collaboration between Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS) and Mahindra & Mahindra to fight against HIV-AIDS.
We were given the responsibility of conducting the “Spreading awareness” programme at two major supplier units of Mahindra & Mahindra at Chakan near Pune.
1. To spread awareness against HIV-AIDS by connecting to the audience (working class of Mahindra & Mahindra) in the most simple and convenient language.
2. To contribute in carrying forward the success in achieving the noble cause for the betterment of public life.
3. To boost our confidence in terms of exposure to the other side of corporate world, public speaking skills and connection to large number of people.
Following are the names of Supplier Units visited with date:
1. Venue: Mungi Engineering Services
2. Venue: Lumax
Date of the event: 26th December, 2014
The modes were effectively used in the following sequences:
1. Power Point Presentation(By SIHS)
2. A 30 minute animated film(By Mahindra & Mahindra)
3. Street play (nukkad natak).
Every member in the group had a unique experience as we realized the importance of Team Building, Team Work with hard work and dedication, Coordination, Communication (verbal as well as non-verbal), Professional etiquette, Appreciation, Interaction skills and public connect with conviction.
Our experience and presentation skills (in anchoring, skit performance and logistics) were more polished than ever.
The selling point of ‘this’ two days event were Punctuality, Manufacturing Visit, Guest Treatment, humbleness of the staff-in-charge and the organizers and the audience.
The audiences were actively involved in every part of the programme with utmost zeal and enthusiasm. Their curiosity regarding HIV-AIDS was evident during the Question & Answer session when many sensible and intelligent questions came up with some logical & relevant suggestions.
The only minor flaw was the logistics part (A-V) and a bit bridging gap between the workers and the organizers on the first day which was later rectified till the end of the event.
The event was a success at the both the supplier units from the audience as well as the organization point of view. By the end, we all received a gift as a token of appreciation.
Every complex thing can be made simpler with mankind by: