Thursday 19 September 2013

Being a part of SIHS…..


 
I still vividly remember my first day in SIHS. I was so excited in meeting new people. College felt like a liberation for me since I was far away from my family. It was my first time to be separated from them.

It was a bit difficult at first to be with people I never knew. I didn't know how I should behave just to fit in. But eventually, everything went smoothly. I met wonderful friends whom are still my best buddies even until now. Every time we would meet up, we will never fail to recall how we were back in college; how we were moulded to what we are now. College is a dry run of the rest of our lives. It's a training ground on how to be successful and become good people.

Looking back at my BMT Program experience, there were so many valuable aspects from the program that encouraged my development both personally and professionally. I was exposed to new cultures and beliefs that challenged my own, but there was always a strong support system to help me navigate those challenges. The faculty members were always invested in my success as both a student and a person. Additionally, a diverse and well-rounded curriculum allowed me to explore my interests in the field of medical technology.  The program is structured in such a way that improves critical thinking and encourages practical application. The great strength of the program is to take students where they are and foster their growth as professionals into who they would like to be. The program also challenged me to think about my own identity and how and why I planned to enter this field which was essential to my own development.

My experience in the Symbiosis International University has been one of the most important journeys I've taken in my life. I am grateful for the time at Symbiosis International University and am proud to be a part of this community.

 

Mohammed Idress Omar

 Graduate of SIHS

B.Sc. Medical Technology (Cardiac Care Technology) (2010-2013)

Pursuing an MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management) degree

No comments:

Post a Comment